– God used to be a man on another planet and Mormon members
may become gods of their own worlds.1
– There are many gods.2
– The Trinity is three separate Gods.3
– Entrance into celestial heaven is by the consent of God and the
Mormon prophet Joseph Smith.4
– God has a body of flesh and bones.5
– God is married and produces spirit babies by having physical
relations with his goddess wife.6
– Jesus, Satan, and all of us are spirit brothers and sisters
procreated in a pre-existent spirit life.7
– God had relations with Mary to make Jesus’ body.8
– You must shed your own blood for the forgiveness of some sins.9
– Good works are necessary for the forgiveness of sins.10
Be careful. Rarely will they mention these ‘higher’ doctrines. Therefore, you really don’t know what they are teaching until long after you have joined. Be warned.
The Jehovah’s Witnesses teach:
– Their church organization is the prophet of God.11
– Jesus returned invisibly in 1914.12
– Blood transfusions are sinful.13
– The Holy Spirit is God’s impersonal active force.14
– Only their church members will be saved.15
– Jesus was an angel who became a man.16
– Jesus did not rise from the dead physically.17
– There is no Trinity.18
– Good works are necessary for the forgiveness of sins.19
Be careful. Jehovah’s Witnesses will want to begin a home ‘Bible study’ with you. What they really want is for you to join their religion.
These groups are non-Christian cults because they deny the true biblical doctrines of Jesus and salvation. First, Mormonism says Jesus is the brother of the Devil.7 J.W.’s teach that he is an angel who became a man.16 These teachings are not biblical.
Second, both these cults erroneously say that in order to be saved you must cooperate with God by doing good works. The Bible says that salvation is a free gift from God.21 The Bible condemns the addition of our works to the finished sacrifice of Jesus.22 Galatians 2:21 says that if salvation comes by works (“if righteousness comes through the Law”), then Jesus died needlessly. Salvation comes by God’s grace through faith alone, not by our works21 which are impure.29 Simply put, they each preach a false message of salvation.
The Bible teaches: there is only one God;23 God is spirit;24 Jesus’ sacrifice cleanses from all sin;25 Jesus is the only way to God;26 all who receive Jesus as Savior will be saved;27 and Jesus is God in flesh 20 who rose from the dead in the same body He died in.28